Psykinematix 1.1: The cheapest & most powerful software package for visual psychophysics!
MONTREAL, Canada —December 3, 2009—KyberVision today unveiled version 1.1 of its Psykinematix software, a Mac OSX OpenGL-based software dedicated to visual psychophysics. This second public release contains many bug fixes, improvements, new features, new tutorials, and an updated documentation. This new version is fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 ("Tiger"), 10.5 ("Leopard") and the just-released 10.6 ("Snow Leopard"), and still runs on older PowerPC-based and newer Intel-based Macintosh computers.
What's New with Version 1.1?
- Full compatibility with Mac OS X 10.6 ("Snow Leopard")
- Dynamic multi-elements field
- Stereoscopic stimuli (dual-display setup through Matrox DualHead2Go, anaglyph glasses, or free viewing)
- OpenGL preview & export of dynamic stimuli
- Additional functions and system-defined variables
- Staircase method with absolute step size and optional maximum value constraint
- Adjustment procedure with termination criterion in terms of maximum trials and estimation based on number of reversals
- Support for trigger information for serial devices
- "Timing" section in documentation, "Techniques" section in "Examples, Demos & Tutorials"
- Contrast Sensitivity, Retinotopic Mapping, and Field of Drifting Gabor Tutorials
To learn more about Psykinematix 1.1 and its system requirements, please visit: http://www.psykinematix.com.
Pricing & Availability
Psykinematix 1.1 is available on a Try-Before-You-Buy basis: a free, fully functional trial copy can be downloaded at psykinematix.com/download/ and evaluated for 15 days before it switches to a Demo mode. Despite its limitations, this Demo version can still be used as a FREE educational tool in classroom. Psykinematix can be purchased immediately through our Paypal online store. Psykinematix costs $300 (CAD) for a student license. We offer several other licensing schemes, that come with their own support package. Additional support packages are also available as separate purchase.
For more details about pricing, please visit our online store: http://psykinematix.com/onlinestore/.
William Beaudot, PhD
Founder & Chief Scientist at KyberVision
Founded in 2004 and based in Montreal (Quebec, Canada), KyberVision operates in the field of Vision Sciences, and provides consulting, research & development services to several universities, research centers, and hospitals in Montreal area and around the world. Its mission is to offer superior products and services while meeting the needs of its quality conscious clientele. Its personalized approach and its great flexibility allow KyberVision to establish with its clients a business relationship based on confidence and cooperation. The diversified range of skills and expertises of KyberVision's founder is a keystone for providing these services.