Visual Acuity XL: KyberVision's Mobile Solution for Vision Care!
MONTREAL, Canada —December 10, 2010—KyberVision today unveiled Visual Acuity XL 1.0, the first eye testing solution for the iPad platform developed by vision scientists and dedicated to the measurement of visual acuity. It is the ideal tool for the optometrists and other vision care specialists who need a portable solution for assessing visual acuity in literate and illiterate people as well as preschool children. Visual Acuity XL brings computerized versions of the "gold standard" acuity testing on this popular mobile platform in the clinical environment. Visual Acuity XL uses the logMAR chart design and the ETDRS scoring method, both recommended by the National Eye Institute (NEI) and the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) in what is becoming the preferred visual acuity testing in many eye clinics to replace the imperfect Snellen chart still found in most physician's offices. The free optional companion app Visual Acuity Remote for iPhone and iPod touch completes the solution by providing remote control capabilities of the iPad app for either the experimenter or the patient.
Visual Acuity XL for iPad has many useful features for the clinical environment:
- Interactive LogMAR charts in landscape and portrait modes
- Randomized design to prevent subjects to memorize the test
- Keep track of visual acuity history, subject/patient information and prescription
- Exporting of acuity data through email in HTML format
- Units conversion tool
- Built-in & online PDF documentation
- Information about common eye conditions you can share with your patient/subject
- Free remote control app Visual Acuity Remote for iPhone or iPod touch
- Simple or ETDRS acuity scoring
- Charts composed either of single letter, single line or multiple lines
- Standard optotypes (Landolt C, Tumbling E, Sloan, HOTV)
- Standard acuity units (foot, meter, decimal, VAR, logMAR, cpd)
- Black letter on white background or reverse
- Confusion bars
- 4 or 8 orientations for C and E optotypes
- Distance units and viewing distance up to 8 meters (26 feet)
Or visit: http://iphone.kybervision.com/visualacuityxl.
Pricing & Availability
Visual Acuity XL for iPad costs $49.99 and is available immediately at the Apple App Store.
William Beaudot, PhD
Founder & Chief Scientist at KyberVision
Founded in 2004 and based in Montreal (Quebec, Canada), KyberVision operates in the field of Vision Sciences, and provides consulting, research & development services to several universities, research centres, and hospitals in Montreal area and around the world. Its mission is to offer superior products and services while meeting the needs of its quality conscious clientele. Its personalized approach and its great flexibility allow KyberVision to establish with its clients a business relationship based on confidence and cooperation. The diversified range of skills and expertise of KyberVision's founder is a keystone for providing these services.