Psykinematix 1.2: The cheapest & most advanced software package for visual psychophysics!
MONTREAL, Canada —April 15, 2010—KyberVision today unveiled version 1.2 of its Psykinematix software, a Mac OSX OpenGL-based software dedicated to visual psychophysics. This release contains many bug fixes, improvements, new features, and an updated documentation. This new version is fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 ("Tiger"), 10.5 ("Leopard") and 10.6 ("Snow Leopard"), and runs on older PowerPC-based and newer Intel-based Macintosh computers.
What's New with Version 1.2?
- Support for 3rd-party USB devices (ioLab Button Box, Cedrus RB-x30 Response Pads, Lumina Response Pads for fMRI through LSC-400 controller, HID Gamepad and Joystick)
- Support for button box internal timer for high accuracy response time measurements (eg, ioLab & Cedrus button box) with estimation of clock drift and clock-based Trial Alarm
- Position, font and size parameters for built-in fixation marks, with support for random selection of fixation mark and change detection (eg, for attention control)
- "Stippled Lines" option to Shape Stimulus
- "Pause" option before triggering the next trial,
- Design and preview of Custom Stimuli in Fourier domain
- Support for multiple lines expression for all stimuli parameter text fields and improved math editor
- Additional functions and system-defined variables
- Better management of computational resources
- More user-friendly calibration process
- "Supported External Devices" section in documentation, "Creating Custom Stimuli" subsection in "Techniques" section for provided "Examples, Demos & Tutorials"
Pricing & Availability
Psykinematix 1.2 is available on a Try-Before-You-Buy basis: a free, fully functional trial copy can be downloaded at psykinematix.com/download/ and evaluated for 15 days before it switches to a Demo mode. Despite its limitations, this Demo version can still be used as a FREE educational tool in classroom. Psykinematix can be purchased immediately through our Paypal online store. Psykinematix price starts at $300 (CAD) for a student license. We also offer several other licensing schemes, that come with their own support package. Additional support packages are available as separate purchase.
For more details about pricing, please visit our online store: http://psykinematix.com/onlinestore/.
William Beaudot, PhD
Founder & Chief Scientist at KyberVision
Founded in 2004 and based in Montreal (Quebec, Canada), KyberVision operates in the field of Vision Sciences, and provides consulting, research & development services to several universities, research centers, and hospitals in Montreal area and around the world. Its mission is to offer superior products and services while meeting the needs of its quality conscious clientele. Its personalized approach and its great flexibility allow KyberVision to establish with its clients a business relationship based on confidence and cooperation. The diversified range of skills and expertises of KyberVision's founder is a keystone for providing these services.