Contrast Sensitivity Function v1.0 for iPhone, iPod touch & iPad
is KyberVision's 2nd mobile solution for vision care specialists which offers a quick and efficient way to assess the Contrast Sensitivity Function through an adjustment procedure on iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. Contrast thresholds are simply measured by adjusting a contrast slider until the stimulus is barely visible. This process is repeated a number of times for a range of spatial frequencies. A full CSF can be then obtained in just a couple of minutes and fitted with a standard model to derive the descriptive parameters of the CSF: peak frequency, peak sensitivity, bandwidth, cut-off frequency and DC attenuation.
KyberVision's CSF App has many features that are welcome in both clinical & research environment:
RELEASE HISTORYVersion 1.0
- A variety of customizable visual stimuli (grating, Gabor, static or drifting)
- Multiple stimulus configurations
- A remote control mode (when installed on a secondary iOS device) through WiFi or Bluetooth
- Enhanced contrast resolution
- Gamma calibration
- Automatic viewing distance monitoring using the front-facing camera
- Data & subjects management
- Exporting of sensitivity data through email in HTML with CSF plot as PDF attachment
- Database backup & import through email with overwrite, append and merge capabilities
(March 9, 2013)
- First release on AppStore.